Free VPN Australia
Are you looking for free VPNs in Australia? Then this blog post is just what you need! We’ve compiled a list of the best free VPNs in Australia, which we hope will help make your decision easier.
A free VPN service can be used to protect your privacy when browsing online, and it can also allow you to access blocked content. A free VPN service might not have all the bells and whistles that paid services do, but if all you’re after is something simple that gets the job done – then a free VPN might be perfect for you!
ProtonVPN is a VPN service based in Switzerland. It has no data limits for free users and is accessible on Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS. You may even configure it on a Linux system if that’s what you prefer. Three VPN server locations are available for connection in the free edition of the service, including the Netherlands, USA, and Japan. Each VPN server locations has three servers that you can connect to.
ProtonVPN’s Windows app, like the rest of its apps, is powered by OpenVPN UDP/TCP tunneling technology. ProtonVPN also provides IKEv2 on all other platforms as an extra option. It uses AES-256-CBS encryption to secure your online traffic while in transit.
ProtonVPN does not log user activity, ensuring your online privacy. It does, however, keep track of the timestamp of your login to protect its servers from brute-force password assaults. However, this is nothing to be concerned about. ProtonVPN has a number of additional benefits, including the lack of advertisements. This is significant because pop-ups and other types of distracting advertising content are annoying.
- 3 server locations only (US, Japan, and the Netherlands)
- Unlimited free data
- 34.63 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection
- AES 256-bit encryption
- Works with YouTube, and Kodi
- Compatible with iOS, macOS, Android, Windows, browsers, Linux, and more
- No ads
Hide.me VPN provides Linux, Android, iOS, Windows, and Amazon OS clients. Its free version allows you to connect to four server locations: Germany, Canada, the Netherlands, and the United States. All four areas have their own dedicated servers, which is great from a data transparency standpoint. Hide.me allows you to utilize a variety of tunneling protocols, including OpenVPN, IKEv2, SSTP, and the new SoftEther VPN protocol. AES-256 encryption is used to protect both the incoming and outgoing web traffic.
The firm’s log policy is privacy friendly. It does not monitor your internet activity or keep track of the timestamp information from your previous session. To monitor your remaining data allowance, it does, however, track the amount of data you utilize each month.
- 4 free servers in the US, Canada, Germany, and the Netherlands
- 2GB of free data per month
- 73.97 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection
- AES 256-bit encryption
- No email address required
- Works with Netflix Canada, YouTube, ABC, Sky Go
- Compatible with iOS, macOS, Android, Windows, browsers, and more
3. Hotspot Shield
With its unique Catapult Hydra Protocol technology, HotspotShield delivers lightning-fast connection speeds. This remarkable data compression technology shortens the time it takes to connect to a server, boosting your connection speed. 500MB of free data each day is provided by Hotspot Shield. Your online privacy will be safeguarded thanks to AES 256-bit encryption. If you want greater security features, however, you’ll need to upgrade to the premium plan.
- Ultra-fast speeds to play games online without lagging
- 500MB free per day, enough for 1 hour on YouTube
- Connects you to one Australian server to bypass geo-restrictions when traveling abroad
- Strong 256-encryption to protect your online activities
- Unblocks: YouTube, Spotify, and Kodi
- Compatible with: Windows, Android, Mac, iPhone, and iPad
If you’re experiencing ISP throttling, ExpressVPN‘s unrestricted bandwidth and data will allow you to torrent and file-share without being limited in speed. Furthermore, because the VPN masks your IP address, your downloads will be more secure since your ISP won’t be able to see what you’re doing.
It’s simple to break through geoblocks since there are over 3,000 servers in 90 locations. You’ll have access to global content, including Netflix US’s newest releases among other popular streaming services. Furthermore, ExpressVPN has a number of Australian server locations, including Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, and Perth. Even if you’re far away from home, you may watch Australia-specific programs like Kayo Sports because there are so many options.
ExpressVPN has a strict no-logs policy, so your surfing habits will not be recorded. It also includes DNS leak protection, which is a security feature that protects you from being discovered by exposing your location and online activities.
- 3000+ servers in 90+ countries
- network lock (kill switch), split tunneling
- Lightway, OpenVPN, L2TP/IPsec, and IKEv2 protocols
- Works well with US Netflix and BBC iPlayer
- Lightning-fast speeds for streaming local and international content without buffering
- 5 simultaneous device connections
Cyberghost has one of the world’s biggest server networks, with locations in Melbourne and Sydney. If you’re on vacation or moving abroad and still want to access Australian sites, this is extremely beneficial. It uses NoSpy servers and a no-logs policy to safeguard your privacy.
The NoSpy servers are in Romania, where CyberGhost is based. These are accessible only to Cyberghost workers. Your surfing will be safe from third-party interference and surveillance because Romania is not part of the 5,9, or 14 Eyes jurisdictions. You won’t be observed by nosy individuals or cybercriminals.
It also gives the option of obtaining a dedicated IP address, which comes in handy if you’ll be using an Australian IP address frequently. Dedicated IP addresses offer greater speeds because they restrict access to just you rather than multiple persons. You may simply access this from within the Cyberghost software. You won’t have to worry about overworked servers this way.
- Lightning-fast speeds for uninterrupted streaming, gaming, browsing, and torrenting
- 7,190 servers in 90 countries, including 2 Australian cities
- 24-hour free trial, followed by a 45-day money-back guarantee
- Military-grade encryption, a kill switch, and an ad/malware blocker to keep your device and personal data secure
- Works with: Netflix AU, Binge, HBO Max, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, YouTube TV, and more
- Compatible with: macOS, Windows, iOS, Android, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Linux, routers, and more
Windscribe is a VPN service based in Canada that provides 10 GB of free data each month to customers. Windscribe is accessible on Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Blackberry, as well as Amazon FireTV and Nvidia Shield TV. For connection, the free version offers 13 locations and 20+ live servers.
The free version of Windscribe has the same no-log policy as its premium counterpart on privacy. This means you can browse privately, keep track of your activity, avoid data leaks when using public Wi-Fi, and access geoblocked content by changing your IP address.
To keep your data secure from hackers, OpenVPN, IKEv2, Wstunnel, and Stealth encryption are used by Windscribe. Furthermore, traffic encryption is provided using AES 256-bit ciphers. In terms of hiding your true location, Windscribe does a good job, with no IP, DNS, or WebRTC leaks. There are also no advertisements on the program.
- Good speeds for internet browsing and checking your email or social media
- 10GB of free data per month to stream on Kodi and watch YouTube
- Servers in 60 countries, including the US and UK, to get around geo-restrictions
- Stealth Mode bypasses censorship in even the most restrictive areas
- Packed with security features such as no-logs policy and DNS/IPv6 leak protection
- Unblocks: YouTube and Kodi
- Compatible with: Windows, Android, Mac, iPhone, and iPad
TunnelBear is one of the most user-friendly free VPN services in Australia. It has a more attractive app design than most free internet services, and it provides a larger selection of servers than most free VPNs. Its mascot is an animated bear that digs its way through the world map to connect to various server locations.
If you use TunnelBear for free, you get to access over 23 server locations around the world, including Australia. TunnelBear’s Windows, Mac, and Android clients utilize OpenVPN tunneling technology to secure your online activity. Its iOS software uses IKEv2 instead. Both tunneling protocols employ 256-bit ciphers for encryption. TunnelBear has a zero-log policy and never logs information about your online activities. Even data about your timestamps and DNS queries is avoided. To enforce its bandwidth restriction, TunnelBear does keep an eye on your usage.
- Based in Canada
- 500MB monthly data limit
- Connections available in 23 countries, including Australia
- Ad-blocker plugin can be downloaded separately
- OpenVPN and IKEv2 tunneling protocols
- Decent speed
Free VPN Australia
If you’re looking for free VPN service in Australia, the seven different free services we reviewed should give you plenty of options. We looked at some key features that might help you decide which one is best for your needs: dedicated IP address, fast speeds, and more than just a single server location!
If you want to read more interesting articles, follow the links below:
- Best WiFi Mesh Singapore Options (2023)
- Best SEO Agencies in Singapore (2023)
- Best Web Design Singapore Services For Your Next Website (2023)
- Best Web Hosting Singapore (2023)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is VPN?
VPN is a virtual private network. It’s a secure encrypted connection between your computer and the internet. When you use a VPN, your computer will appear to be located on the network of the VPN provider. This can be useful for privacy and security reasons, or to get around geographic restrictions on websites and streaming services.
Are free VPNs safe?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the security of free VPNs can vary greatly depending on the provider. However, many free VPNs do not offer strong security features, and some have been known to leak IP addresses and other sensitive information. It is therefore important to carefully research any free VPN before using it.
Can you get a virus from a VPN?
There is nothing to worry about as long as you are using a trustworthy VPN provider with strong encryption and well-protected servers. Hackers are unlikely to attempt to infect a VPN connection with malware and viruses in the first place since it is too much work for them.
Do I need antivirus if I have a VPN?
Yes, if you want to secure your computers and privacy, you’ll need a VPN and antivirus software. Because an antivirus program protects your device from malware, while a VPN encrypts your data and hides your online activities, this is the case.
Can you be tracked when you use VPN?
A Virtual Private Network replaces your real IP address through an alternate Internet Protocol. It can also encrypt your web traffic. But still, the Internet Service Provider can see that you are using VPN. However, it can’t monitor your online activity after connecting to the Virtual Private Network.