The printer is an essential part of the office. No matter whether you are running a small business or working at home, your printer will be used to print all sorts of documents, images and more. If you’re looking for printer in Australia then there are some factors that need to be considered before making your purchase decision. To help with this, we have compiled a list of some of the best printers in Australia!
1. Epson EcoTank ET-7750
The Epson EcoTank ET-7750 is a printer that seems like it was put together by an engineer. It may appeal to you if you want a more environmentally friendly home or are tired of having to go out at inconvenient times, such as when you’re printing important papers. It’s a multi-purpose printer that sits atop the EcoTank product line and, despite its high price, it’s well worth the investment. The five-color refillable ink tank system offers significant image quality improvements thanks to the introduction of a dedicated photo black pigment ink, and build quality is incredible. This printer is capable of printing on both A3/magazine-sized paper and high-resolution photo printing.
- Cost-effective printing
- 2 years-worth of ink included
- Five-colour ink system
2. Brother MFC-J6945DW
This Brother MFC-J6945DW blurs the distinction between a home and an office printer by combining the laser machine’s speed and capacity with the better photo quality of an inkjet. The Brother MFC-J6945DW can print on A3 paper. This 4-in-1 printer has everything you need and does everything well.
- A3 capability
- High paper capacity
- 4-in-1 printer
3. HP Envy Pro 6420 printer
The HP Envy Pro 6420 is a small, inexpensive inkjet with all of the functions you could want for a home office printer. It may print, scan, copy, and even fax using your smartphone. The print speed is slow, but it can duplex print and photocopy a stack of up to 35 pages with its inbuilt ADF (automatic document scanner). Instead of an Ethernet port, the HP Envy Pro 6420 printer has Bluetooth and self-connecting Wi-Fi built in, making HP’s iOS/Android app for mobile printing particularly simple.
- Space saving design
- Strong wireless connectivity
4. Epson WorkForce ET-4750
This Epson all-in-one inkjet printer, dubbed Epson’s all-rounder, is known for being a great choice for budget printers. Despite the fact that it costs a significant sum up front, it delivers long-term low-cost performance thanks to its high-yield ink tanks and two years’ worth of ink supplied – you’ll be able to get approximately 15,000 text pages (or 12,000 color pages) with the ink that comes supplied in the box, according to Epson. If you’re searching for a great home office printer that will last you a long time before requiring to be replaced, the Epson WorkForce ET-4750 is an excellent choice.
- Cartridge-free printing
- 250-sheet capacity
- 2 years-worth of ink included
5. Lexmark MB2236ADWE
If you need all of the features of a photocopier-style four-in-one but can’t afford a premium machine, the Lexmark MB2236ADWE is an excellent choice. The smaller size is a benefit, and the price is reasonable. It’s not only fast and high-quality, but it also gives you a lot for your money when compared to dedicated laser printer. There are no Wi-Fi Direct capabilities or an active front USB input, but aside from that, you’re getting a lot for your money.
- Fast print speed
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Strong security
6. Xerox Phaser 6510DN printer
Xerox is most well-known for its office printers, but the company’s entry-level range would be ideal for a home office, especially one with a lot of printing requirements. The Xerox Phaser 6510DN offers a quick print speed of 28 pages per minute and capacity for 250 A3 papers in its main tray. This is a high-yielding, high-capacity printer capable of producing up to 850 pages before requiring toner. It has all of the same superior build quality and security features as the previous version. If you want Wi-Fi in addition to the Ethernet connection, go for the DNI model instead.
- Rugged and secure
- Rapid print speed
7. Kyocera Ecosys P5026
Given its high paper and toner capacity, this Kyocera Ecosys P5026 takes up little room. This means you can print more quickly and economically than with an inkjet machine, which saves money in the long run. This printer is simple to operate and delivers flawless mono and color papers time after time.
- Fast duplex printing
- Prints quietly
8. HP LaserJet Pro M283fdw Colour MF
Using the HP Smart App, you may effortlessly print, scan, copy, and fax wirelessly with this HP LaserJet Pro Printer. Create a smart work set up using compatible HP devices. This printer offers an easy-to-use touchscreen interface and is optimized to provide you with a seamless, sturdy connection while also incorporating security features to safeguard your network. You can print in color as well as black and white at A4 size using this machine.
- This multifunction printer allows you to fax, print, copy and scan efficiently
- You can print black and white documents at a rate of 21 pages per minute
- The printer’s resolution is 600 x 600 dpi
- The standard document tray has a capacity of 250 sheets
- This printer offers automatic 2-sided printing
9. Brother HL-L2300D Mono Laser Printer
The Brother HL-L2300D‘s specs are remarkable for the price, with print speeds of up to 26 ppm and 8MB of RAM on board. It can produce 2,400 x 600 dpi photos at maximum resolution. 250 sheets can be stored in the paper tray, and there’s a second single-sheet paper feed for labels, envelopes, and thicker media. The printer may print double-sided without any human input because of this feature. This printer requires no complicated Wi-Fi or cloud settings to configure, so there’s no chance it’ll pout when you need to print something critical.
- Fast and quiet
- Super affordable
- Double-sided printing
10. Epson SureColor A1 Inkjet Printer T3160N
This Epson SureColor Inkjet Printer appeals to budding graphic designers and illustrators. With the UltraChrome pigment ink, you can bring out the joy in your designs. It’s fantastic for printing maps, plans, sketches, diagrams, geological survey drawings, sales presentations, POS Posters, and other printed materials. For additional durability, your prints will dry quickly and will have a water and smudge resistant finish.
- You can connect via WiFi direct, or choose to purchase a USB cable separately for a wired connection
- The machine is also compatible with Apple Air Print
- It uses XD2 ink series consumables
- It has a large 4.3″ Colour LCD touchscreen panel with an easy-to-use interface
- The machine prints at a resolution of 2400 x 1200 dpi for clear, crisp results
11. Canon Pixma Home Inkjet Printer Black TS5360
The Canon Pixma Home Printer is a fantastic choice for individuals who need to print, scan, and copy papers with simplicity and efficiency. It allows you to print from your smartphone and has an illuminated status bar so you can keep track of the process from a distance while maximizing your time. The compact design and quiet operation of this laser printer suit any room. The storable paper cassette, which also has a clean, minimalist appearance to distract from other clutter in your life, contributes to low upkeep.
- Print, copy and scan documents up to A4 size with this multifunction printer
- Print your documents quickly with a print speed of 13 impressions per minute (ipm)
- Ensure your documents and images are fit for purpose, with a print resolution of 4800 x 1200
- This printer has a tray capacity of 100 sheets, ensuring that you’re always ready to print
- This printer has automatic double-sided printing for a more economical way to create documents
If you’re looking for the printer that suits your needs, these are some of the best printers in Australia. They range from affordable to high-end and each one has its own unique features so it’s easy to find something perfect for your home or office. Whether you want a printer with WiFi connectivity or automatic 2-sided printing, we’ve got them all!
If you want to read more interesting articles, check the links below:
- Best Printing Shops in Johor Bahru (2023)
- Best Printing Services Singapore (2023)
- Best Printing Services in KL & Selangor (2023)
- Best Large Format Printing Singapore (2023)
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it OK to leave printer on all the time?
If you leave your printer on all the time, you’ll be able to keep your print heads cleaner, making them less prone to break. It’s critical to clean and maintain your printer on a regular basis in order for it to continue producing high-quality papers for a long time.
What printer should I buy in Australia?
1. Epson EcoTank ET-7750u003cbru003e2. Brother MFC-J6945DWu003cbru003e3. HP Envy Pro 6420 printeru003cbru003e4. Epson WorkForce ET-4750u003cbru003e5. Lexmark MB2236ADWEu003cbru003e6. Xerox Phaser 6510DN printeru003cbru003e7. Kyocera Ecosys P5026u003cbru003e8. HP LaserJet Pro M283fdw Colour MFu003cbru003e9. Brother HL-L2300D Mono Laser Printeru003cbru003e10. Epson SureColor A1 Inkjet Printer T3160Nu003cbru003e11. Canon Pixma Home Inkjet Printer Black TS5360
How often should printer be maintained?
The bare minimum is once a year or two. Even if your printer is in good working order and you don’t believe it’s necessary, it’s a good idea to perform regular inspections.
Does a printer use a lot of electricity?
Ink-jet printers that are intended for home use consume around 30 to 50 watts when printing, and most printers will draw about 3 to 5 watts in standby mode. Office ink-jet printers consume 30 to 50 watts on standby and 300 to 500 watts while printing.
What is the average life of a printer?
The typical lifespan of a printer is three to five years. Some printers can last longer with regular upkeep and maintenance, but your machine will eventually need an upgrade.