Indonesian Restaurant KL Selangor
Looking for a delicious meal that will transport you to the tropics? Check out our list of the 5 Best Indonesian Restaurants in KL & Selangor! These establishments serve up authentic Indonesian cuisine that will tantalize your taste buds. From spicy sambals to fragrant curries, these restaurants have something for everyone. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your culinary adventure today!
Key Consideration Factors
- Authentic Indonesian Cuisine: Look for Indonesian restaurants that offer a wide range of authentic Indonesian dishes prepared using traditional cooking techniques and ingredients. Consider the restaurant’s menu and whether it includes popular Indonesian dishes such as Nasi Goreng, Sate, Rendang, Gado-Gado, and Soto Ayam.
- Flavor and Taste: The best Indonesian restaurants prioritize flavor and taste, ensuring that each dish delivers the distinctive and robust flavors that Indonesian cuisine is known for. Look for reviews or recommendations that highlight the restaurant’s ability to capture the essence of Indonesian flavors while balancing the right combination of spices and seasonings.
- Fresh Ingredients: Indonesian cuisine relies heavily on fresh ingredients, including herbs, spices, vegetables, and various proteins. The best Indonesian restaurants source high-quality ingredients to create authentic and flavorful dishes. Consider restaurants that emphasize the use of fresh and locally sourced ingredients for an enhanced dining experience.
- Skilled Chefs: A key factor in the success of an Indonesian restaurant is the expertise and skill of the chefs. Look for restaurants that have experienced Indonesian chefs who possess a deep understanding of Indonesian culinary traditions and techniques. Skilled chefs can bring out the best flavors in the dishes and ensure an authentic dining experience.
- Ambience and Atmosphere: The ambience and atmosphere of a restaurant contribute to the overall dining experience. Seek out Indonesian restaurants that offer a warm and inviting environment, reminiscent of Indonesian culture and hospitality. Consider the restaurant’s décor, music, and overall ambience to enhance your dining experience.
- Customer Reviews and Reputation: Pay attention to customer reviews and the restaurant’s reputation. Positive reviews and recommendations from satisfied customers indicate the quality of the food, service, and overall dining experience. Consider online platforms, review websites, and social media to gauge the restaurant’s reputation and customer satisfaction levels.
Best Indonesian Restaurant KL Selangor
1. Dancing Fish Malaysia
|Indonesian Restaurant, Malaysian Restaurant
|3rd Floor, Bangsar Shopping Center 59100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
|+60 3-2095 6663
|Daily 11:30 am – 10: 00 pm
The Dancing Fish restaurant aspires to provide excellent “Real Food” cuisine that emphasizes the fresh and delightful tastes of Malaysia and Indonesia.
The Dancing Fish Malaysia restaurant is a little classier. It’s located in Bangsar and is notable for its delicious spread, particularly the famous Dancing Fish dish, which gets its name from the restaurant.
The fish is sliced and fried in a manner that produces a lovely dance-like appearance, promising to be a dinner you’ll never forget.
- Flavors of Malaysia and Indonesia
- Fresh and top-quality ingredients are used in its preparation, emphasizing the importance of “real” food.
- High-quality chefs
This is my absolute ❤️ Favorite restaurant in Bangsar. The food is always fantastic and no matter what I order I am always delighted with my meal!Woo Jayson
2. The Majapahit
|50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
|+60 16-226 1878
|Daily 12:00 am – 9: 30 pm
The Majapahit devotes its cuisine to Indonesia and Thailand, with influences from Malaysia and Vietnam as well, but they’ve chosen a chef with more than 25 years of experience in Indonesian cuisine.
The cuisine has several other enticing options, including a Balinese fish satay platter from the Southeast Asian four-variety satay platter, Vietnamese sugarcane prawns, Malaysian chicken satay, and Indonesian beef satay from Padang-style slow-cooked beef, Sundanese grilled chicken, and Javanese nasi.
- All-new exciting concept
- Award-winning team
- 30 years in the restaurant industry.
Food was good. I think the ones that stood out were the BBQ ribs and the fish. Their sate here is great as well. Would definitely recommend the yellow rice over the white rice. Drinks are abit on the sweeter side, very pekat. I had to add ice 3 times before I could finish the whole thing, but perhaps some find it delicious.dq
3. Sari Ratu
|G18, Jalan 4/76C, Desa Pandan, 55100 Kuala Lumpur
|03 9285 8811
Sari Ratu Prima is a Padang-style restaurant that originated in West Sumatra and has grown in popularity among Kuala Lumpur locals. But if you want to sample wonderfully authentic Nasi Padang, there’s no better place than Sari Ratu Prima.
From the bergedil to the dendeng, there is a long path. I’ve heard people refer to gulai ayam and sambal goreng as “food from heaven.” Sari Ratu is a well-known chain restaurant in Indonesia that has grown to be a popular local favorite for Indonesian cuisine.
- Halal Meat
- Indoor Seating
It’s been ages since I last came here, so happens it’s my boss’ fav restaurant. We ordered set C which covered their signature dishes and free flow of barley drink. Food quality is still good and staffs are friendly and attentive as alwaysJulian Chow
|No. 9165, Jalan Negara, Taman Melawati, 53100 Kuala Lumpur
|+60 11-1158 3528
Indobowl is a viral café in Sungai Besi that serves Indomie in a next-level makeover. Combine your noodles with lamb chop or seafood. The sambal is certainly worth a try. It’s made using an Indonesian family recipe, and its unique flavor leaves visitors wanting more!
- Best Indonesian Street Food
- Tender, Juicy and Tasty
Crazzzzy experience!!! One of the nicest food I’ve ever tasted. Do try their chicken as per in photo. And their sayur as well. Love how they mix two rice. Can’t wait for another dine in experience here!Aida Yasmin
5. Restoran Sambal Hijau
|Indonesian Restaurant, Malaysian Restaurant
|Address: Lot 2990, Kampung Sungai Penchala, (Sebelah Masjid Kuning), Jalan Damansara 60000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
|+60 3-7731 2045
Sambal Hijau Restaurant is well-known for its varied lauk dish. The Sup Tulang, which is full of soul, is particularly popular!
- Asian Fusion Restaurant
- Offers Promo
- Daily Fresh Menu
Such a nice place to have family gatherings and corporate get together. The presentation if the food was really good and so was the taste of it all! Definitely a place worth experiencing. 💛MK
Indonesian Restaurant KL Selangor
Indonesian cuisine is one of the most popular cuisines in Malaysia. The Indonesian food found in Kuala Lumpur and Selangor offers a wide range of flavors that are sure to please even the pickiest eater! If you’re looking for some great choices, check out these five best Indonesian restaurants KL Selangor has to offer.
Since you have made it to the end, it would be great if you could check out the awesome articles that we have written for you! Maybe, it will help you add more fun to your daily lifestyle.
- Best Nyonya Restaurants in Johor Bahru (2024)
- Best Satay Spots in Johor Bahru(2024)
- Best Satay Spots in KL & Selangor (2024)
- Best Halal Buffets in KL & Selangor (2024)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If you have any questions about Indonesian Restaurant in KL & Selangor, you can refer to the frequently asked questions (FAQ) about the best Indonesian Restaurants in KL & Selangor below:
What are the best Indonesian restaurants in KL and Selangor?
There are several outstanding Indonesian restaurants in KL and Selangor that offer authentic Indonesian cuisine. Some of the top options include Warung Wahid, Restoran Sari Ratu, Dapur Sunda, Bumbu Desa, and Pondok Sambal.
What makes an Indonesian restaurant the best?
The best Indonesian restaurants excel in various aspects. They offer a diverse menu with a wide range of authentic Indonesian dishes, use fresh and high-quality ingredients, provide excellent customer service, and create a warm and inviting ambience that reflects Indonesian culture and hospitality.
What types of dishes can I expect at an Indonesian restaurant?
Indonesian restaurants typically offer a variety of traditional Indonesian dishes, such as Nasi Goreng (fried rice), Satay (grilled skewered meat), Rendang (spicy beef stew), Gado-Gado (vegetable salad with peanut sauce), and Soto Ayam (chicken soup). You can also find various seafood, vegetarian, and vegan options.
Are Indonesian restaurants in KL and Selangor halal certified?
Yes, many Indonesian restaurants in KL and Selangor are Halal certified, ensuring that the food preparation and ingredients comply with Islamic dietary guidelines. It is recommended to check with the restaurant or look for the Halal certification displayed on the premises.
Can I expect authentic Indonesian flavors at these restaurants?
Yes, the best Indonesian restaurants in KL and Selangor strive to deliver authentic Indonesian flavors. They use traditional Indonesian spices and seasonings to create dishes with rich and aromatic flavors. It’s a great opportunity to experience the true essence of Indonesian cuisine.
Are reservations required at Indonesian restaurants in KL and Selangor?
It is advisable to make reservations, especially during peak dining hours or on weekends, to secure a table at popular Indonesian restaurants. Reservations help ensure a smooth dining experience and guarantee availability, especially for larger groups or special occasions.