Cheap Restaurant Singapore
Singapore is a country with a long history of rich culture and heritage. The best way to enjoy everything the country has to offer is through its incredible variety of native cuisine and Asia-inspired fusion dishes. While many high-end restaurants in Singapore serve wonderful gourmet cuisine, if you’re looking for affordable restaurants with amazing food and atmosphere, you should know the best local restaurants in Singapore.
Key Considerations Factors
- Location: Look for restaurants that are easy to access from wherever you are. This could mean being close to public transportation, shopping malls, and other attractions. Check out online reviews for recommendations of restaurants near tourist attractions and popular areas.
- Menu Options: Choose a restaurant with a menu that offers both local and international dishes, as well as regional specialties like chili crab or mee siam. The best restaurants will also have vegetarian options, so everyone can enjoy the meal.
- Atmosphere: Consider the environment when selecting a restaurant. Look for places with comfortable seating and friendly service where you can take your time and relax while eating. Try to find venues that provide an authentic atmosphere, whether they are traditional hawker centers or chic cafes.
- Service: Before you choose a restaurant, check online reviews to make sure it is reliable and has good customer service. Make sure the staff is knowledgeable about their food and willing to help customers with any questions they may have about dishes or ingredients.
- Price Range: Compare prices between different restaurants to find one that fits your budget but still serves quality food at an affordable price, taking into account additional fees such as taxes or delivery charges if necessary. Keep an eye out for deals and discounts, which can help save you money when dining on a budget.
Best Cheap Restaurant Singapore
1. Sungei Road Laksa
- Website: —
- Address: 27 Jln Berseh, #01-100, Singapore 200027
- Phone: +6596908184
- Operating Hours: 9:30AM – 4:00PM Daily
This hawker restaurant is a local favorite and one of the greatest affordable restaurants in Singapore. This quaint eatery serves hefty bowls of spicy laksa noodles, as well as a variety of traditional Malaysian cuisine. One of the few stalls that still cook the gravy over charcoal, it is served with a spoon and the wonderful orange gravy shines through, filling the senses with a delectable aroma. A single serving of their Laksa costs about $3, but one bowl is rarely enough. This is why it’s one of the most sought after Cheap Restaurants Singapore
2. Ah Lock & Co.
- Website: https://www.ahlocknco.com/
- Address: 7 Wallich St., GUOCO TOWER, #B2-22/23/24
- Phone: +6583126203
- Operating Hours: 10AM – 8PM Mon – Fri; 10:30AM – 6:30PM Sat – Sun
Ah Lock & Co. is one of Singapore’s top affordable restaurants if you’re searching for cheap restaurants near the Financial District. This Chinese-style café serves classic Hainanese food, including popular items such as pork chops and crab bee hoon. Their rates are incredibly reasonable with the majority of their lunch deals under $5. They strive to maintain and innovate classic Singapore comfort food with a modern perspective and twist. They are an excellent choice when it comes to providing that modern cuisine experience while also being one of the cheap restaurants Singapore.
3. Bee Kee Wanton Noodles
- Website: https://beekeetrufflewantonnoodle.oddle.me/
- Address: 5 Cross Street Market St Interim Centre, #01-15, Singapore, 048418
- Phone: +6592267686
- Operating Hours: 07:30 AM – 02:30 PM Mon – Fri
Bee Kee Wanton Noodles is one of the best reasonably priced restaurants in Singapore if you’re looking for authentic Cantonese noodle food at a low cost. This restaurant that started as a modest hawker stand on Holland Village Road offers cheap yet amazingly excellent wantons and noodles that are sure to satisfy any appetite. They offer a broad range of toppings for their noodles, including roast pork, char siew, prawns, and chicken. A modest bowl of their affordable wanton noodles is fairly priced, making it a great lunch or dinner option for families on a tight budget.
4. Soi Aroy
- Website: http://www.soiaroy.com/
- Address: 1 Rochor Canal Rd, #02-08, Singapore 188504
- Phone: +6596418988
- Operating Hours: 11AM – 10PM Wed – Sun
If you’re searching for delicious Thai food at a low price, Soi Aroy is one of the best cheap restaurants in Singapore. This small and humble restaurant on Tanjong Pagar Road serves some of the most authentic and delicious Thai meals in Singapore. All of your favorite Thai staples, such as Pad Thai and Tom Yum soup, can be found on their menu. They promote healthy eating by offering a variety of homestyle cooking and food that contains fewer artificial ingredients and preservatives. This is a terrific spot to try real Asian cuisine without breaking the bank.
5. Kim Dae Mun
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/KimDaeMun/
- Address: 100 Orchard Rd, #01-03D Concorde Shopping Mall, Singapore 238840
- Phone: +6567376857
- Operating Hours: 11AM – 8PM Tue – Sun
Kim Dae Mun is a trendy Korean restaurant in Tanjong Pagar that serves affordable and delicious Korean cuisine. This budget-friendly restaurant offers classic Korean meals with a modern twist, such as pig belly rice bowls with bacon kimchi mayo. They’re also famous for their bibimbap, which is loaded with vegetables and thick cuts of beef. They may lack the modern flair of many popular restaurants in town, but if you’re searching for no-frills and affordable Korean food, this should be on your list.
6. Tipo Pasta Bar
- Website: https://www.tipo.sg/
- Address: 28 Aliwal St, #01-07, Singapore 199918
- Phone: 8768 0785
- Operating Hours: Sunday to Thursday: 11am to 10pm, Friday & Saturday: 11am to 11pm
At this cozy Italian restaurant, you can construct your own pastas for just $9.90. Some crowd-pleasers include spicy beef sausage, chicken breast, sauteed prawns, and black muscles, to name a few. Certainly the indulgence you’ve been looking for at an inexpensive price.
- Website: https://www.veganburg.com/
- Address: 44 Jln Eunos, Singapore 419502
- Phone: (65) 6844-6868
- Operating Hours: Monday–Sunday 11:30am–22:00pm
For those on a budget looking for a delicious vegan meal… This is your location. Wolf down delectable plant-based burgers for just $11.90, complemented with chicken tenders, cheesy fries, and creamy garlic fries as sides.
8. Two Men Bagel House
- Website: https://www.twomenbagels.com/
- Address: 16 Enggor St #01-12 Icon Village Altez Singapore 079717
- Phone: +65-6509-4125
- Operating Hours: 9AM TO 2:45PM
Get a delicious dinner for less than $14 at this restaurant. These OTT bagel sandwiches cost $7.50 and are out of this world delicious. Consider bagels filled with bacon, eggs, cheese, and ketchup or salmon, cheese, and red onion crammed into a bun of your choice to keep you full until dinnertime. One of the most cost-effective restaurants in Singapore.
9. Maxwell Food Centre
- Address: 1 Kadayanallur St, Singapore 069184
- Phone: 6225 5632
- Operating Hours: 8am to 2am
From $1, this famous hawker centre in Chinatown sells iconic street food. Tian Tian’s chicken fried rice, bowls of laksa from Old Nyonya, creamy fish soup from Jin Hua, Japanese noodles at Ramen Taisho, Tapioca cake and the list goes on and on. You’ll be sufficiently fed for the rest of the day.
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/sweeeTRex/
- Address: 120 Bukit Merah Lane 1,#01-79 Singapore, Singapore
- Phone: 8163 7630
- Operating Hours: 10:00 – 15:00 (Monday Tuesday Closed)
This stand serves $2 fluffy soufflé pancakes in a location in Alexandra Village Food Centre. Indeed, you may enjoy fantastic creamy soufflé pancakes for only $16 at a restaurant. Choose from various sauces, including chocolate, strawberry, and maple syrup, to complete your dish with even more decadence. In addition , these delectable pancakes are the value meals you’ve been looking for this weekend.
11. Dumpling Darlings
- Website: https://www.dumplingdarlings.com.sg/
- Address: 86 Circular Road, Singapore 049438
- Phone: 8889 9973
- Operating Hours: 11am-3pm, 5:30pm-10:30pm
From $8, take advantage of a variety of low-cost temptations. Noodles, such as braised pork and miso mushroom, go well with other dishes. The portions are also substantial.
12. Pizza Boy
- Website: https://order.pizzaboysg.com/#/
- Address: 116 Changi Road, #01-09, WIS@Changi 419718, 419718
- Phone: 6493 5777
- Operating Hours: 11am to 9:15pm
Pizza is loved by many. You can’t go wrong with some amazing deals at this Halal-certified pizza restaurant. For just $7.50, you can get a super value meal that includes either a delectable quesadilla or mac and cheese fries accompanied by a drink or else a 6 inch pizza, fries, and a drink. Choose from six different sizes of 6-inch super pizzas starting at $4.50 for delicious meat to ultimate cheesy garlic chicken to spicy beef for those who like it hot!
13. Mr Baguette
- Website: https://order.mrbaguette.com.sg/hougang/
- Address: 102 Hougang Ave 1, #01-1195, Singapore 530102
- Phone: 9184 1257
- Operating Hours: 1030am – 430pm
This popular hawker stall offers wonderful baked goods at a low cost. From $3 for Hawaiian pizza bread to $1.50 for garlic cheese bread. This place is a bargain, to say the least. Particularly, dessert connoisseurs will appreciate the little baguette buns with over 10 distinct lava tastes, such as Red Velvet Lava, Hazelnut and Chocolate. Get a box of 6 for just $11 instead of paying more than double!
14. El Cocinero
- Website: https://www.elcocinero.sg/
- Address: 275 Thomson Rd, #01-45, Singapore 307645
- Phone: 8307 5163
- Operating Hours: 10am to 9pm
This 5-star restaurant is the place to go for a decadent Mexican celebration, with meals ranging from $7 to $10. Other notable dishes include meat-free tacos and big pork pastor quesadillas. Indeed, Singapore has some of the most inexpensive food in all of Asia.
15. Tian Tian Chicken Rice
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/people/Tian-Tian-Hainanese-Chicken-Rice/100063889640199/
- Address: 1 Kadayanallur St, #01-10/11, Singapore 069184
- Phone: 6448 0120
- Operating Hours: 10am to 7:30pm
The majority of the hawker stalls in Maxwell Food Centre specialize in delicious chicken rice meals. Steamed Hainanese chicken rice dishes topped with chili sauces from $3.50 are a few examples of this stall’s cuisine. Certainly one of the most affordable restaurants in the area.
16. Syohachi Wagyu Hamburg
- Address: 1 Raffles Place, #01-01, One Raffles Place Shopping Mall, Singapore 048616
- Phone: 6223 0755
- Operating Hours: 11am to 5pm (weekends closed)
This Japanese Wagyu Hamburg steak store provides some meals at a reasonable price. particularly enjoy the belly-filling wagyu toasties, which start at $11 and are served with fries. Think egg omelet, juicy steak, baked ham and cheddar cheese, to name a few ingredient possibilities.
17. The Original Pisang Keju
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/theoriginalpisangkeju/
- Address: 430 Upper Changi Road, EAST VILLAGE MALL, #01-15 Singapore, Singapore 487048
- Phone: 8742 6967
- Operating Hours: 12:00-21:00
From $6, you may order a box of Instagram-ready Goreng Pisangs with cheese and sweet toppings. Chocolate rice, salted caramel, and banana fritters are just a few of the toppings available.
18. Komala Vilas
- Website: https://komalavilas.com.sg/
- Address: 76 – 78 Serangoon Road Singapore 217981
- Phone: 62936980
- Operating Hours: Mon – Sun 7:00 – 22:30
Having opened its doors in 1947, Komala Vilas, one of Singapore’s oldest Indian Vegetarian Restaurant, has become a household name. Komala Vilas, along with its neighbouring sweet shop selling traditional Indian sweets and snacks, is one of the biggest mainstays of Little India.
Cheap Restaurant Singapore
Overall, Singapore has a lot to offer in terms of food, owing to its rich culture and unique heritage. When it comes to food, there are an endless number of possibilities to sample, and each one is a unique experience in its own right. I hope this helps you discover the best cheap restaurants in Singapore so you can have a fun and memorable experience that will make you want to return.
If you’re looking for more recommendations on food and travel, you can check out our other posts below:
- Best Seafood Restaurants in Singapore (2023)
- Best Western Foods in Singapore (2023)
- Best Korean Food in Singapore (2023)
- Best Chinese Restaurant Singapore Has To Offer (2023)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If you have any questions about Cheap Restaurant in Singapore, you can refer to the frequently asked questions (FAQ) about the best Cheap Restaurants in Singapore below:
What is the best cheap restaurant in Singapore?
The best cheap restaurant in Singapore depends on the person, but locals tend to like Tian Tian Chicken Rice, Syohachi Wagyu Hamburg, The Original Pisang Keju, and Komala Vilas. All four offer delicious hearty meal at reasonable prices.
Where can I find the cheapest food in Singapore?
Hawker centers are a great place to look for inexpensive yet delicious food and even a healthy meal in Singapore. There are also many food courts throughout the city that offer different types of cuisine, like delicious Mexican food for your Mexican food cravings with either a delicious quesadilla or tortilla, at lower prices than restaurants.
What kind of cuisine is served at these cheap restaurants?
All four of these cheap restaurants specialize in different types of cuisine. Tian Tian Chicken Rice serves classic Hainanese chicken rice dishes and crispy fried chicken. Syohachi Wagyu Hamburg specializes in Japanese Wagyu Hamburg steaks, and kimchi soup using fresh vegetables. The Original Pisang Keju serves delicious Indonesian-style Goreng Pisangs, grilled pork, braised pork noodles, pork belly with fluffy rice, and bean paste soup at affordable prices. And Komala Vilas serves traditional Indian vegetarian dishes.
What days and hours are these restaurants open?
Answer: Tian Tian Chicken Rice is open from 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. daily; Syohachi Wagyu Hamburg is open from 11am to 5pm (closed on weekends); The Original Pisang Keju is open from 12:00 a.m. to 21:00 p.m. daily; and Komala Vilas is open from 7 a.m.
Are there any special discounts or promotions offered by these restaurants?
Not all of these restaurants have discounts or special deals for an affordable meal, but some may have them from time to time. You can ask when you go to the restaurant or check their social media pages for updates.
Additional Useful Articles
If you are looking for other useful guides and articles about Cheap Restaurants in Singapore, check them out below:
- Best Cheap Restaurants In Singapore (2023) by Hyperspace
- Best Cheap Restaurants In Singapore (2023) by TheFunSocial
- Best Cheap Restaurants In Singapore (2023) by BestInSingapore
- Best Cheap Restaurants In Singapore (2023) by MediaFirst