Telok Ayer Restaurant Singapore
This CBD hub offers various restaurants and pubs to select from between Amoy Street, Stanley Street, and the lively Telok Ayer street itself. This bustling and fashionable neighborhood has it all, from Michelin-starred restaurants to snug cafés to some of the city’s hippest pubs. The vast array of hawker centers, coffee shops, cafés, and restaurants ensures that no meal is ever boring. With so many options to choose from, you should be aware of the best Telok Ayer Restaurant Singapore in Singapore to satisfy your cravings.
1. Royz et Vous
|Key Services:||Classic Singaporean dishes, halal wines|
|Address:||137 Telok Ayer St, #01-01, Singapore 068602|
|Phone:||+65 6293 0270|
|Operating Hours:||12PM – 4PM, 5PM – 10PM Daily|
Royz et Vous began on July 15, 2014, as a concept to begin establishing a halal empire. Due to the demography of the Muslim population in Bali Lane, which is located in the center of Arab Street, they were able to get an outlet. 17 Bali Lane was the first location to open on September 19, 2014. Their goal was to display a café and a restaurant in one location. In Singapore, a cafe is recognized for its superior beverages, but a restaurant is known for its superior cuisine.
- The first Muslim-owned restaurant in Singapore to serve both Western and Asian cuisine.
- They have a wide range of menu items, from starters to mains to desserts.
- Royz et Vous is one of the most well-known Telok Ayer Restaurant Singapore because it has been regularly featured on popular food blogs and TV shows
“I didn’t believe beef ribs can be good before coming here. Great experience, especially after NY celebration. Halal, gf happy too.”
2. Ocean Curry Fish Head
|Key Services:||authentic fish head curry|
|Address:||181 Telok Ayer St, Singapore 068629|
|Phone:||+65 6324 9226|
|Operating Hours:||11:00 AM – 3:00 PM, 4:30 PM – 9:00 PM Daily|
Ocean Curry Fish Head has been one of Singapore’s most popular restaurants since its inception in 1983. They take pleasure in the quality of their meals and only utilize original Peranakan products and cooking ways to preserve the flavor that has been enjoyed for decades. They have received several excellent press evaluations and are the preferred choice of celebrities and ministers. Because to their customers’ unending support, they were able to quickly expand to a larger restaurant and open a new location in Telok Ayer Street.
- One of the only Telok Ayer Restaurant Singapore to specialize in Peranakan cuisine
- They have a wide variety of seafood dishes, as well as vegetarian options
- Ocean Curry Fish Head is known for their excellent customer service and reasonably priced meals
“Great flavors and fished cooked perfectly. It was packed for lunch but if you order a full curry they get you a table. Surprisingly fast service.”
3. My Awesome Café
|Key Services:||range of salads, heathy options|
|Address:||202 Telok Ayer St, Singapore 068639|
|Phone:||+65 8798 1783|
|Operating Hours:||11:00AM – 12:00AM Daily|
On Valentine’s Day 2014, they opened the doors of My Awesome Café on the bottom level of the ancient Chung Hwa Free Clinic, a place born of love, physically and metaphorically. It’s where people celebrate everything they cherish: good food, good company, and good tales. My Awesome Café is as much their business as it is their playground, school, and home. They wish, in their own little way, to share with you the familial spirit that brings a smile to their cheeks and keeps us going every day.
- One of the only Telok Ayer Restaurant Singapore to serve Asian Fusion cuisine
- They have a wide range of menu items, from starters to mains to desserts
- My Awesome Café is known for their excellent customer service and reasonably priced meals
“Great experience at My Awesome Cafe. Excellent, personalised service, decent drinks with some creative twists (shoutout to “Drinkable Idea”), and huge portions for the big hunger. 100% recommend :)”
4. Nusantara Cuisine
|Key Services:||Indonesian cuisine, nasi padang eatery|
|Address:||171 Telok Ayer St, Singapore 068621|
|Phone:||+65 6423 0253|
|Operating Hours:||7AM – 4PM Mondays – Fridays|
Nusantara Singapore delivers traditional Nusantara cuisine without monosodium glutamate (msg), preservatives, or refined sugar. They are reviving recipes utilizing old-school techniques and traditional Nusantara ingredients purchased fresh from Singapore’s local markets. Signature dishes include Beef Rendang, Ayam Masak Merah, Belimbing Lamb, Ayam Kicap Buah Keluak, and others. Nusantara Singapore offers Vegan and Vegetarian meals to share their nostalgic cuisine with both Singaporeans and foreigners.
- One of the only Telok Ayer Restaurant Singapore to specialize in Nusantara cuisine
- They use fresh, local ingredients and do not use MSG, preservatives, or refined sugar in any of their dishes
- Nusantara Singapore offers both vegan and vegetarian options
“To nice food To common. Always have Different food to choose superb. Although it’s raining but the delivery always on time.”
5. Magal BBQ
|Key Services:||Korean BBQ, beef cuts to dolsot bibimbap|
|Address:||171 Telok Ayer St, Singapore 068621f|
|Phone:||+65 6423 0253|
|Operating Hours:||11:30AM – 2PM, 5:30PM – 10:30PM Daily|
The modest Magal Korean BBQ, nestled among the picturesque lanes of Telok Ayer, has acquired quite a reputation for its genuine Korean cooking and enticing marinated meats great for the barbeque. This is hardly surprising given that this cozy restaurant is only one of over 400 worldwide. Tuck into some classic Korean favorites like Bibimbap, Wang Galbitang, a wonderful back rib beef stew, or the famous Galmaegi, which is prepared on an unique grill with soft pork encased by an egg crust.
- One of the only Telok Ayer Restaurant Singapore to specialize in Korean BBQ
- They have a wide variety of barbequed meats and other Korean dishes
- Magal BBQ is known for their reasonable prices and great tasting food
“Yummy army stew portion good for 3 and salad is fresh with awesome side dishes too. “
-Deborah Jess Low
6. The Market Grill & Wine 90
|Key Services:||industrial chic restaurant, seafood cuisine|
|Address:||208 Telok Ayer St, Singapore 068642|
|Phone:||+65 6221 3323|
|Operating Hours:||11:30AM – 2:30PM, 5PM – 11PM Tuesdays – Sundays|
Everything at The Market Grill & Wine 90 starts with freshness and excellence. They highlight rich and strong cuisine, as well as a full wine and beverage menu. Expect a lively dining experience with fresh steak cuts and live Atlantic lobsters cooked to order. The Market Grill & Wine 90 is a convivial venue where you can eat substantial and high-quality meals and wines that are made simple and approachable for everyone to enjoy. Their menu include grilled high-quality meats as well as their distinctive flown-in live Boston lobsters, among other fresh seafood options.
- The Market Grill & Wine 90 is one of the only Telok Ayer Restaurant Singapore to specialize in grilled meats and seafood
- They have a wide variety of steak cuts and live lobster flown in from Boston
- The Market Grill & Wine 90 is known for their high-quality food and great wine selection
“When circuit breaker first broke, we immediately made this our first dine-out meal. Best good-for-value surf-and-turf. I’m hungry now.”
7. Pot Yummy Yummy
|Key Services:||mini hotpot, choice of your favorite soup bases|
|Address:||80 Telok Ayer Street , #01-01 Singapore, Singapore 048466|
|Phone:||+65 6909 7379|
|Operating Hours:||11:30AM – 10:30PM Daily|
Pot Yummy Yummy is known for its incredibly reasonable hotpot and BBQ buffet, with a free flow of marinated meats and fresh seafood, as well as four different soup bases to pick from: tomato, traditional hot spicy, chicken soup with scallop and yuzu, and chicken soup with fish maw. American snowflake beef slices, wagyu beef, and premium seafood products are among the premium buffet options (with top-up). BBQ grill enthusiasts may also barbecue meats and seafood on the spot.
- Pot Yummy Yummy is one of the only Telok Ayer Restaurant Singapore to specialize in hotpot and BBQ buffet
- They offer a wide variety of meats, seafood, and soup bases to choose from
- Pot Yummy Yummy is known for their reasonable prices and great tasting food
“I always come back here for Chicken kebab. I love to have it after work. It always pleasant to be served by yummy tummy . It’s good vibe to have conversation and the team here. Yummy yummy is the best.”
|Key Services:||juicy sandwiches|
|Address:||167-169 Telok Ayer St, Singapore 068620|
|Phone:||+65 6221 2262|
|Operating Hours:||11:30AM – 12AM Daily|
Meatsmith demonstrates that authentic barbecue can thrive outside of America’s conventional barbecue hotspots. Meatsmith Telok Ayer, located in the historic Chinatown district, serves American smokehouse barbecue with international flair. Meatsmith Little India is Singapore’s first Modern Indian Barbecue restaurant. This business fits right in at Campbell Lane in the center of Little India, with its colorful façade and street artwork. Meatsmith examines barbecue from a variety of perspectives, philosophies, civilizations, and flavors, all of which result in really wonderful wood-fired grilled cuisine. Their focus on meat cuisine makes them have some of the finest sandwich Singapore.
- Meatsmith is one of the only Telok Ayer Restaurant Singapore to specialize in American smokehouse barbecue
- They have a wide variety of meats and international dishes with a barbecue twist
- Meatsmith is known for their creative takes on classic barbecue dishes
“Excellent food and service. For sure this cheese burger was one of the best I’ve ever had. Spring rolls and pastrami were also super delicious. Overall very satisfied with the experience.”
9. French Fold
|Key Services:||Breton buckwheat galettes, French crepes|
|Address:||204 Telok Ayer St, Singapore 068640|
|Phone:||+65 6970 7626|
|Operating Hours:||8AM – 12AM Daily|
French crêpes are served all day in an all-day beverages and eating area. From early morning coffee to late-night drinks. A trendy crêperie offers an all-day menu of light meals, as well as espresso, beverages, and a terrace. The café, which specializes in Breton buckwheat galettes and French crepes, has a beautiful Paris-style décor bordered by lush foliage. French Fold, Merci Marcel’s new sister café, may be young, but it has made an impression in Singapore.
- French Fold is one of the only Telok Ayer Restaurant Singapore to specialize in crepes
- They offer a wide variety of sweet and savory crepes, as well as all-day breakfast options
- French Fold is known for their Parisian-inspired décor and great tasting food
“We are glad we found this place! Their Galette selection combo is delicious! The crepes has just the right texture. Instead of being soft, it is more bouncy!”
|Key Services:||cuts of steak and glasses of vino|
|Address:||159 Telok Ayer St, Singapore 068614|
|Phone:||+65 8950 5975|
|Operating Hours:||12PM – 11:30PM Mondays – Saturdays|
Boeuf offers a variety of beef breeds and cuts, including dry aged grass fed Welsh ribs, Argentinian Aberdeen black Angus, and Australian wagyu MB7. Enjoy everything from beef tartar to cured Bresaola wagyu to charcoal grilled prime ribs. Signature meals include flambe asada ribeye with mezcal and slow-cooked infused short ribs with celeriac puree. It’s a straightforward concept – boeuf. And sometimes it’s just fantastic food and wine that everyone enjoys.
- Boeuf is one of the only Telok Ayer Restaurant Singapore to specialize in beef
- They offer a wide variety of beef cuts and dishes, as well as a selection of wines
- Boeuf is known for their great tasting food and impressive wine list
“Tasty, splendid medium rare hangar steak and sides. Mash, ratatouille, fries was perfect, esp when I’m very picky. Must visit for wagyu set lunch at $22++ . Highly recommend!! Went on NYE lunch.”
Telok Ayer Restaurant Singapore
Unique restaurants and shops line the street between Tanjong Pagar and Raffles Place MRT stations. If anything, the CBD’s core roads, such as Telok Ayer, Amoy Street, and Boon Tat Street, are proving to be a new favorite among Singaporeans due to their laid-back feel and central position. In fact, some of the city’s most popular hangouts are in and around this area, and residents appreciate the variety of cuisine available. We hope this helps you discover the best Telok Ayer Restaurant Singapore in Singapore so you can fully immerse in good food.
If you’re looking for more recommendations, you can check out our other posts below:
- Best Telok Ayer Food Guide (2023)
- Best Bars in Telok Ayer (2023)
- Best Foodthemed Team Building Activities In CBD (2023)
- Best Robertson Quay Dining Guide (2023)
What are Telok Ayer street Singapore Restaurants?
Telok Ayer is a street in Chinatown, Singapore. The Telok Ayer Market used to be located here before it was demolished in 2006. The area is now home to many restaurants, cafes, and bars.
What is Telok Ayer Street Singapore known for?
Telok Ayer Street is known for its food, cafes, and bars. Many of the restaurants here serve Singaporean and Chinese cuisine.
What cuisines can be found at Telok Ayer?
Some of the Telok Ayer restaurants serve Singaporean cuisine while others serve Chinese cuisine. There is also a variety of other cuisines represented such as Thai, Italian, Spanish, Argentinian cuisine and more.
Why are Telok Ayer Restaurants so popular?
Telok Ayer Restaurants are popular for their food, atmosphere, and location. The Telok Ayer area is centrally located in Singapore and is a popular destination for both locals, tourists and the office crowd.