Choosing psychiatrist in Singapore can be overwhelming. With psychiatrist prices, psychiatrist reviews, psychiatrist qualifications and more to consider, it’s difficult to know where to start when searching for the perfect psychiatrist for you or your loved ones’ mental wellness.
With this in mind, we’ve put together a list of the 5 best psychiatrists in Singapore that are worth checking out!
Key Consideration Factors
- Qualifications and Experience: When choosing a psychiatrist in Singapore, it is important to consider their qualifications and experience. The psychiatrist should be registered with the Singapore Medical Council and have at least 5 years of clinical experience. Additionally, it is important to make sure that the psychiatrist has experience treating patients with a specific mental health condition, mental disorders, other types of mental illness that could affect your physical and mental health. There are mental health clinics that also offer services in the area of child and adolescent psychiatry, also geriatric psychiatry, and other mental health problems, that needs other medical treatments.
- Treatment Approach: Another factor to consider when choosing a psychiatrist is their treatment approach, and how they treat mental disorders. Some psychiatrists may use medication as their primary treatment method, while others may use a combination of prescribe medications and therapy. It is important to choose a psychiatrist whose treatment approach aligns with your own preferences and needs.
- Cost of Treatment: Cost is another important factor to consider when choosing a psychiatrist. Some psychiatrists may charge on a per-session basis, while others may charge a flat fee for treatment. It is important to consider your budget when choosing a psychiatrist so that you can find one that is affordable for you.
- Location: Another consideration when choosing a psychiatrist is their location. If you prefer to see a psychiatrist who is close to your home or office, then you will need to find one who practices in your area. However, if you are willing to travel for treatment, then you will have a wider range of options to choose from.
- Availability: Another factor to consider when choosing a psychiatrist is their availability. Some psychiatrists may only be available during certain days or times, while others may be available for appointments on short notice. It is important to choose a psychiatrist who will be able to accommodate your schedule and meet your needs.
Best Psychiatrist Singapore
1. Mind Care Clinic
|Key Services||Treatments for dementia and mood disorders of the elderly, mental health|
|Address||1 Farrer Park Station Road | #10-19 | Farrer Park Medical Centre | Connexion | Singapore 217562|
|Phone||(65) 67055 111|
|Operating Hours||Mondays – Fridays: 9am – 5.30pm (last appointment at 5pm)|
Saturdays: 9am – 12.30pm (by appointment only)
Sundays/Public Holidays: Closed
Dr. Emily Ho has a broad range of psychiatric specialties under her belt, including anxieties, psychosis, liaison psychiatry, and womens’ health treatment. She focuses on elderly psychiatric treatment in particular, particularly dementia and mood disorders in the elderly. She’s also skilled at devising unique care plans that suit the demands of every old person. As such, she is one psychiatrist that you should not miss out on!
- Personalised elderly care plans
My father was reluctant to see a psychiatrist but the staff and doctor made us feel so at ease during the appointment. They really care, and I am glad we made the right choice. Dad is much better now and actually looks forward to visiting the Dr’s!
2. Promises Health Care
|Key Services||General mental health and mental wellness|
|Address||#09-22/23, Novena Medical Center, 10 Sinaran Drive, Singapore 307506.|
|Phone||+65 6397 7309|
|Operating Hours||Mon to Fri: 9am – 6pm|
Sat: 9am – 3pm (Clinical Services Only)
Dr Terence Leong is a board-certified psychiatrist who specializes in both general and forensic psychiatry. He has broad range of years of expertise working in inpatient, outpatient, and community settings and has assisted many individuals seeking either medication or psychotherapy.
Dr Leong has a particular expertise in psychosis, anxiety treatment, depression treatment, and child and adolescent mental health issues. He’s one of the finest psychiatrists in Singapore because to his comprehensive range of specialties as well as his many years of expertise.
- Medication and counselling treatments
- Forensic psychology
|Key Services||Treatments for addictive disorders, mental health|
|Address||10 Sinaran Drive #10-03 Novena Medical Center Singapore 307506|
|Phone||+65 6397 7300|
|Operating Hours||Monday – Friday: 09:00am – 5:30pm|
Saturday: 09:00am – 12:30pm
After Office Hours: By appointment only
Dr. Thomas Lee has helped hundreds of clients with psychiatric care that goes well beyond medication by providing comprehensive psychiatric services. Each person’s treatment is based on a mix of medicines and therapy that is specifically suited to their requirements.
He specializes in treating addictive behaviors, particularly alcohol, drug, gambling, and sex addictions. He also provides psychotherapeutic treatments for depression, anxiety, OCD, sleeplessness, and other issues.
- Psychiatric opinion for forensic and medico-legal cases
Responsive staff allay my anxiety for seeking psychiatric help and book an appointment to see a psychiatrist. Healing and feeling better now.
4. Adelphi Psych Medicine Clinic
|Key Services||Court reports and forensic psychiatry, mental health|
|Address||1 Coleman Street, The Adelphi #04-32, Singapore 179803|
|Operating Hours||Monday-Saturday: 10am to 7pm|
Sun & PH: By Appointment
Dr. John Bosco Lee has been practicing psychotherapy and psychiatric treatments for many years. His treatments and services are mostly utilized by working adults, college students, military and police personnel, and the elderly.
He’s also recognized for aiding in the closure of criminal cases with individuals who have mental illnesses. His diagnosis and therapy are an excellent choice for folks accused of a crime in Court who are thought to have a mental illness.
- Psychiatric assessment for soldiers and police
- Consultancy and specialists reports for state court and high court
- Mental capacity assessment
Wouldn’t be where I am without the help of Ms Francisca Chiang. Was able to resolve some of the issues that have been bothering me for years after seeing her. Thank you.
5. Dr Adrian Wang Psychiatric and Counselling Care
|Key Services||– Specializes in treating mood and anxiety disorders as well as grief and adjustment disorders|
– Also deals with dementia and other old age-related conditions
|Address||6 Napier Road, #10-05, |
|Phone||+65 6474 3836|
|Operating Hours||Monday – Friday|
9am – 5pm
9am – 1pm
Dr Wang’s years of practice and, perhaps most notably, his past involvement in crucial crises such as assisting air crash survivors with their psychiatric needs add to his academic expertise in psychiatry. At Dr Wang’s clinic, you may be certain that you will be well cared for.
- Competitive pricing
It is important to make the decision of psychiatrist in Singapore carefully, for the benefit of your mental health. There are psychiatrist qualifications and psychiatrist reviews for you to consider, while psychiatrist prices can range from psychiatrist hourly rates to psychiatrist fees. It is challenging to choose the best psychiatrist service in Singapore, so we put together a list of 5 best psychiatrists that you should know about.
Before you go, do check out our other articles as well!
- Best Psychologists in Sydney (2023)
- Best Psychologists in Australia (2023)
- Best Psychologists in Singapore (2023)
- Best Psychotherapy Melbourne Has To Offer (2023)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If you have any questions about Psychiatrist in Singapore, you can refer to the frequently asked questions (FAQ) about the best Psychiatrist in Singapore below:
What are the different types of mental health disorders that a psychiatrist can treat?
A psychiatrist is a medical doctor who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of mental health disorders. Psychiatrists can treat a wide range of disorders, including generalised anxiety disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, post traumatic stress disorder, mood disorders, psychotic disorders, eating disorders, and addictive behaviors.
How do I know if I need to see a psychiatrist?
If you are experiencing symptoms that are impacting your ability to function in your day-to-day life, it may be time to see a psychiatrist. These symptoms might include persistent feelings of sadness or anxiety, difficulty sleeping, changes in appetite, or difficulty concentrating. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it is important to speak with your primary care doctor to see if a referral to a psychiatrist is appropriate. For there are other medical specialist clinic that helps treat mental health conditions that needs treatment plans, pharmacological treatments, talk therapy, brain stimulation therapies,
How does a psychiatrist differ from a psychologist?
A psychiatrist is a medical doctor who has completed training in psychiatry, while a psychologist has earned a doctoral degree in psychology. Both psychiatrists and psychologists are qualified to diagnose and treat mental health disorders; however, only psychiatrists can prescribe medication.
What should I expect during my first visit to a psychiatrist?
During your first visit to a psychiatrist, you can expect to discuss your symptoms and medical history in detail. The psychiatrist will also likely administer some tests in order to make an accurate diagnosis. Once the diagnosis is made, the two of you will work together to develop a treatment plan that may include medication, psychotherapy, or both.
How long will I need to see a psychiatrist?
The length of time that you will need to see a psychiatrist will depend on the severity of your symptoms and your response to treatment. For some people, psychiatric care may be short-term; however, for others, it may be necessary to continue seeing a psychiatrist on an ongoing basis
Additional Useful Articles
If you are looking for other useful guides and articles about Psychiatrist in Singapore, check them out below: